I don’t know about you but when you are working your ass off, whether that be in a job or your own business, at university, or just being a rocking parent there is nothing like cooking a yummy hearty dinner in a flash! In fact I do all three so when I get home I am so HANGRY I just want to eat NOW!!! Being Vegan sometimes adds extra pressure to the equation but it is so worth it for the overall health benefits, well I think so anyway.
Enough babble here is my version of a delish VEGAN Stroganoff (is that how I spell it? Something like that anyway). Anyway just try it, vegan or not it is a wicked dish!!!
500 grams of your choice Mushrooms chopped
1 Onion chopped kind of finely
½ Cup of fresh beans I actually used frozen ones for this (OMG, mum moment)
1 tbsp Vegan friendly butter or Butter
1 Cup Miso Soup Stock (Use 1tbsp paste and add water) or Vegetable Stock
Pasta (Vegan friendly if you are that way inclined) enough to serve the masses
Preferably Fresh Herbs (1 tsp of each) or Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils (1 drop of each flavour) like Thyme, Basil and Oregano – if neither available dried is fine (half tsp of each)
About 250gms or a tub of Vegan friendly Philly Cheese or Sour Cream (I’m seriously not judging) and goodness if it is a bit less or a bit more who cares just a tub people!
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Boil water and cook pasta to al dente…seriously if you can’t cook pasta please Google this method.
- Saute Vegan friendly butter or plain butter with onion and garlic until a nice aroma fills the kitchen (not that burnt smell either).
- Throw in the Mushrooms and Beans, stire and cook until just about tender.
- Add Miso or Vege Stock, fresh herbs (if using oils only 1 drop of each) stir and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add Philly Cheese or Sour Cream, stir well until melted and mixed in.
- Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Plate up with Pasta and enjoy!